Get all of your questions answered. It’s inevitable. You have a great, in-depth conversation with an insurance agent. You hang up and think of at least one more question you meant to ask, or should have asked. Write down these questions as they pop up and take the extra step to call the insurance company back to get your answers. You’ll be kicking yourself later if that question meant getting extra coverage you needed when an accident happens down the road.
Stick with a company because it’s who you’ve always used. Relationships with companies are great. We all love having a dentist who knows our name and family history, or the insurance agent who asks about your pets or kids when you call. And while that level of service counts for something, it doesn’t mean you’re getting the best deal. Check out your insurance policies and costs in a no-obligation insurance review (like the one our insurance specialists offer) at least once a year.
Know your state laws on insurance coverage. States vary in their approach to minimum insurance coverage, or even how the insurance policies are written. Do your research ahead of time and understand the bare minimum you have to have in coverage, and ask yourself if you’re comfortable with that or if additional coverage would be worth it to you.
Don’t forget – As one of Us, you have access to insurance specialists who can review your current policies at no cost or obligation. They can even provide quotes from multiple carriers, giving you the most options at a competitive price. Call (602) 683-1045 to get started.
Ready to go insurance shopping? Make a list of questions to ask before you start talking to insurance companies. It’ll help you guide the conversation! If you’re having trouble coming up with your own, we have a few to get you started:
- What types of discounts are available?
- Some common ones are multi-line, good driver, good student (for school-age drivers), new policy holder, or renewal discounts.
- Do any of the discounts reduce or expire after a certain time period?
- What coverage is included in this price?
- Are there any additional taxes or fees that will be added to the bill?
- Will my rates go up if I get in an accident?
- Does your company cancel policies for any reason? If so what are the reasons?
- Do you offer roadside assistance? Roadside assistance is often cheaper through your insurance company than on its own.
- Is there a specific agent I work with or do I talk to a call center when I call in?
- Are there any additional benefits available as a policy holder?